Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nephews in Wedding

When we were picking out the wedding party, I failed to think that my nephews would be in it. I thought my niece could be a jr bridesmaid and my fiancé's cousin would be the jr groomsmen. We already have the flower girl and ring bearer picked. My mother thought my nephews were going to be in it. Oopss! Forgot to tell her. Well, she told my sister that the boys are going to be in it. Okay, that is fine, they will look and be adorable. One problem, what part will they have? Any suggestions?

Depending on how old your nephews are, they could be ushers or Jr. ushers, candle lighters (light candles just before the mother of the bride is seated and extinguish them at the end of the ceremony - usually between ages 9-14), do a reading of some sort (scripture or poem, etc.), hand out wedding programs to the guests, play an instrument or sing, or be train bearers (carry a lengthy train down the aisle behind the bride - traditionally two boys about equal height are chosen for this - they can be as young as 4 to do this). They could be dressed the same as the Jr. groomsmen.

No comments: