Sunday, February 28, 2016

Whipped Cream Frosting

I was told by a baker that "whipped cream icing" would not stand up in July here in Virginia. My reception is going to be in an indoor location that has AC. Is there any validity to what we where told. I don't like really rich (sweet) frosting.

We are in MN and in July it is very hot and humid (can be 90's to 100 degrees). I checked with a number of bakers that do wedding cakes and they all said whipped cream icing would be fine in an air conditioned reception site. They said they all would use whipped cream in July with no problem, including transporting it. I guess the only issue could be how far your cake would have to travel between the baker and the site. It may be a problem if the cake is outside in the heat for a long period of time.

No comments: