Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vows

I would like some ideas on the vows, it will be a non denominational, Christian, wedding.

Here are some ideas...

I Name take you Name to be my wife/husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow.

or

I take you Name to be my wife/husband from this day forward, to join with you and share all that is to come, and I promise to be faithful to you until death parts us.

or the officiate may ask these in question like form with a response of I will, or I do.

or

O: (to the groom) Name, will you take Name to be your wife? Will you be guided by the counsel and direction God has given in his Word and love your wife as Christ loved the Church? Will you be faithful to her, cherish her, support her, and help her in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live? If so, answer, "I will".

G: I will

O: (to the bride) Name, will you take Name to be your husband? Will you be guided by the counsel and direction God has given in his Word and submit to your husband as the Church submits to Christ? Will you be faithful to him, cherish him, support him, and help him in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live? If so, answer, "I will".

B: I will

O: join your right hands and make your promises to each other: - the groom and bride will say in turn:

I, Name, in the presence of God and these witnesses, take you Name, to be my wife/husband. I promise to be faithful to you as long as we both shall live.

or

I, Name, take you Name, to be my wife/husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

or

I Name, commit my life to our partnership in marriage. I promise to comfort you, to encourage you in all walks of life. I promise to express my thoughts and emotions to you, and to listen to you in times of joy and in times of sorrow. Name, I love you. Will you let me share my life and all that I am with you?

Name: I will

In you vows, you can express your feelings towards each other and your lifelong commitment in wording that you write or some of the above.

No comments: